As I was sharing with you yesterday, this year I've divided my New Years resolutions into four categories: Heart, Mind, Body and Soul to accompany the upcoming release of my first book, The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body, and Soul.
Today, I'd like to give you a peek into a few of my "Mind" resolutions, that is those efforts to improve my intellectual abilities. Falling into this category are topics such as being a life-long learner, time management issues, career related issues, family finances and more.
Here's a look at a few of my Mind priorities for this year:
- Approach my work with a more intentional, organized approach. Have a plan for each day and stick to it.
- Re-prioritize writing on my personal blog and Productivity @ Home five times per week.
- Complete one major writing project that is currently in conceptual phase (codename: CC)
- Develop a public speaking portfolio and speak publicly at least once per month
- Investigate syndication opportunities for my weekly podcast
- Create promotional materials and a PR distribution system for CatholicMom.com
- Engage in at least one book promotional activity per week
There you have it - my "Mind" resolutions and goals for 2010. Having these written down and challenging myself to revisit my progress towards achieving them is a major step towards making them happen.
What are your "Mind" goals and resolutions for this coming year?